8/30/2008

Sri Chinmoy Birthday Celebration, A Prayer


This past week I joined a thousand students of Guru Sri Chinmoy gathered in Jamaica Queens on August 27th to celebrate our beloved Guru's birthday. Sri Chinmoy's Birthday Celebration was a prayerful event where disciples from around the world offered soulful tributes to Guru's remarkable life, performed his transcendent music and inspired poetry, and recalled him in videos. There was also an incredible exhibition of his Jharna Kala artwork at the United Nations and we celebrated the conclusion of the World Harmony Run.

I've written extensively here about my relationship with Sri Chinmoy which extended 34 years of his life and mine. Everything I am in this life I owe to Guru and I remain today committed to ensuring and sharing his legacy with future generations.

While I spend my business life guiding and promoting technology companies, I spend the greatest part of my life learning spirit and finding ways to convey it. I've always felt that our greatest opportunity in life is in using our individual and collective capacities for Good. That is something I learned from Sri Chinmoy and his incredible Life was and remains a living example of that philosophy.

Here's a summary of my posts on Sri Chinmoy, his soulful Inspiration, and his impact on my life.

The Passing of Sri Chinmoy

Statement for October 14 Sri Chinmoy Memorial Service

New York Times Remembers Sri Chinmoy

Sri Chinmoy Memorial

Online, Offline and Inline

500 Posts: What Does it Mean?

Live Powerfully and Soulfully Every Moment

Bloggers Burning Out? Balance is Key

Tonight: Sri Chinmoy Inspiration

Dylan Recites Sri Chinmoy

Decision Making Got You Confused? Find a Quiet Place

Rules for Progress and Success

Bernstein Brought Down Heaven on Earth

3100 Miles Movie Trailer

Spirit: An Inner Journey

Contemplating Sri Chinmoy: A New Beginning

VIDEO: Sri Chinmoy in Prague

Carl Lewis Podcast

Historic excerpt from the Millennium Interview with Sri Chinmoy

World's Largest Pencil

Passing of Dr. Russell Barber

Expanding Personal Capacity

Opening the Cosmic Connection Beyond

Life, Death and Life

Father's Day




No comments: